Login
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: John The JMan Ceperich Introduction

John The JMan Ceperich Introduction 7 years 4 months ago #34

• JMan
  • Fresh Boarder
I am very proud that the Fantasy Sports Writers Association have given me a chance to introduce myself here. I am The JMan and have been doing fantasy for about 3 years. I have loved sports all my life and am grateful that my friend and fellow commissioner Daniel Henson asked me to join a league. I was initially skeptical as to how fun this might be but a few mock drafts and I was hooked before my first season even started.
I played little league with Kenny Loften. I was born on the first day of May and he on the last, in the same town, and as his career took off towards playing baseball stardom, mine took off to collecting sportscards far from stardom.
Playing a little college football at Purdue and semi pro with the Lake County (IN) Steelers made me appreciate strategy and look for angles to what are the strenghts and weaknesses in players and in a team. This turns out to be such and ever so important factor in Fantasy.
There might be a lot of randomness and chaos as to who wins their fantasy championship but to me as long as a manager does their homework and turns over every stone they are a winner and can go to bed knowing they've done their job. What nauseates me the most is when I trust an expert over a strong gut feeling I have and find out I was right. Even if I am only right 1 in 5, it is still worth it play the gut feeling. Those wins are what awakens the inner Fantasy Champion in you.
I got Sirius radio with my car 2 years ago and have kept it sense. I have listened to all the shows. A gentelmen on their once gave me daily baseball picks which I just knew would work. The guy had magic and I could tell it in his voice. I placed like 4/100 as opposed to the usual 64/100. Unfortuneately I didn't catch the fellows name. It took me a year to find out this guests' name was Lenny "the Legend" Melnick. Once I got his name I looked him up and he and his wife Andrea host a wonderful fantasy site called LennyMelnickfantasysports. While hundreds have registered, I and dozens of others visit it every day and tune into the mind boggling week day podcasts. When Lenny is podcasting and gets into the fantasy baseball zone, it is like time is suspended and baseball facts from the last 20 years or more are all strewn in together. You can see the shine of your fantasy trophey in the distance and the more Lenny talks the clearer the vision gets. Throw in input from a couple of other gurus, my favorites being Tristan Cockcroft and Ray Flowers and it's all downhill after that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds