Login
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recent grad searching for a job

Recent grad searching for a job 9 years 9 months ago #20

Hello all,

My name is Addison Moreno, I just graduated from the University of Mississippi and am a new FSWA member. I am currently seeking employment in this wonderful industry. I have back ground in blogging, newspaper writing, radio talk show hosting, and some television experience, aswell as extensive social media experience. I was wondering if any of y'all know of companies that are hiring. It has been my life long goal to work in the fantasy industry and I would like to finally make it a reality. I have attached a copy of my resume and would love any input you guys can give me.

Thanks and have a great day

Addison Moreno

ADDISON LOGAN MORENO
608 Stillwood Drive Woodstock, GA 30189
Phone – 678-772-1379
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

OBJECTIVE
To obtain a position where I can use my degree and experience in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Mississippi. (Ole Miss) My primary interest is in Sports Broadcasting and writing, both areas of experience and focus during my academic career.

EDUCATION:

University Of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
Oxford, MS June 2014
• BA in Broadcast Journalism
• Minor in English

SKILLS & ABILITIES
Radio Talk Show Host at 92.1 WUMS Rebel Radio (Ole Miss)
August 2011 to May 2013
• Host of “The Full Court Press”, a weekly show that focused on current sports stories from the NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA and Fantasy League Sports.
• Developed content segments, and covered live sporting events.
• Host of “The Fantasy Hour” a show dedicated to helping the listener make the final fantasy picks for the week. Interacted with listeners via phone and social media, including Face Book and Twitter answering their questions and making suggestions.
• Beat Writer and live blogger for Ole Miss Football for Myrebelradio.com. Covered post-game press conferences, interviewed coaches and players at Vaught Hemmingway Stadium.

“The Odyssey” Newspaper (Ole Miss)
August 2011 – December 2013 (2 years 5 months) Oxford, MS
• Contributing Editor and Columnist, writing sports related stories from today’s headlines that focused on the impact of sports in our society, and Fantasy Football strategies.
• Spent a semester as contributing editor managing content and deadlines.

Rotorants.com Blogger
September 2013 – Present (10 months)
• Waiver Wire Writer for an upstart blog with emphasis on sports stories via the proficient use of social media and content that resulted in a large increase in readership.

Leadership
• Served as Head Social Chair and Assistant Rush Chair for Phi Kappa Tau - Ole Miss Chapter.
• Member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association. (FSWA)
• Ole Miss marketing Association

Core Competencies:

• Public Speaking Critical Thinking Verbal Communication
• Analyze Information Journalistic Ideals Team Player
• Time Management Skills Blogging Premier Pro
• Final Cut Pro Video editing Social Media
• Microsoft Office Photo Shop Social Networking

References available upon request
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Addisonmoreno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds